Enterprise HRIS Analytics Advisor
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
The Advisor, Enterprise HRIS Analytics works independently to identify customer needs, outline dashboard/report/process solutions to those needs and then coordinates the build, testing, validation, and end user training of the solution. The Advisor works closely with the HRIS team to support the business partner.
Enterprise Analytics Responsibilities include:
- Maintain existing Talent Dashboards
- Glossary Management
- End User Access/Training
- Develop new dashboards - Individually manage 3rd party vendor resources to build
- Requirements gathering, planning, scope, customer access, data discovery, validation, auditing, visualizations, end user training, timeline management
- Maintain existing Talent reports - Internal and External Regulators
- Audits, delivery, troubleshooting
- Documentation development
- Ad Hoc analytics tasks from Talent or other customers
- Supply Chain customer backup to Manager, Enterprise Analytics
HRIS Responsibilities include:
- End User Glossary development
- Evaluate Existing Reports for Consolidation
- Workday Reporting/Design Development
- Design, develop, configure/reconfigure, and test Workday reports while leveraging the knowledge of business processes and the foundational data model.
- Evaluate and assimilate evolving Workday reporting functionality, remaining cognizant of complex system inter-dependencies and associated business process implications.
- Analyze business problems and processes to identify solutions to support the reporting needs of the enterprise.
- Complete identification and implementation of Workday Reporting configuration changes.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure the functionality of reports are implemented as planned and new reports are completed to meet the business need.
- Adhere to approach and methodology for reports configuration and software changes in an accurate, efficient and compliant manner.
- Business Systems Analysis
- Requirements Gathering: Discover and research system requirements from users and stakeholders including coordination with ERP team members, project workstreams, and other key partners.
- Documentation: Create and maintain functional team deliverables, including ensuring naming and documentation consistency.
- Analysis: Understand how business requirements can be configured in reports and convert functional design needs into report design documentation.
- Data: Provide cross-functional understanding of data and support in the validation of new and revised reports.
- Testing: Support the creation of test scenarios and the execution of testing.
- Quality: Takes ownership of and ensures the integrity of data through the development of audit reports; troubleshoots irregularities; partners with Functional team to research, correct discrepancies, and ensure compliance.
- Knowledge Management, Training & Communication
- Support training activities for business units and end-users, including development and verification of relevant content
- Collaborate closely with others to ensure coordination of information and relevant changes to existing reporting available; provide content that may be published regarding the status of existing reports and changes to existing reports
Skills, Education and Additional Information
- Requires Bachelor’s degree; Master’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in designing and conducting analytics with a focus on developing impactful insights
- Experience in healthcare, hospital, health insurance (payer) or pharmaceutical industries preferred, experience in the context of finance and operations within these industries is highly preferred
- Experience with Statistical software including R, Python, SAAS are a plus
- Experience with Workday and Kronos needed
- Must demonstrate both analytical and relationship skills, as this person will be working on highly complex projects at the highest levels of the organization and communicating with the highest level of stakeholders
- Experience working with complex data sets across claims, lab, financial, clinical outcomes and other groups
- In-depth working knowledge of decision support systems, spreadsheet database and other software tools
- Strategic and process-oriented mindset, facilitating detailed and insightful problem-solving sessions
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-05109