Application Analyst I
HRIS Application Analyst I – IS – Full Time
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day is purposeful. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture Of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine accessing your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. Those are just a few of the ways we empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care that we call the Mother Standard®.
The Applications Analyst I reviews, analyzes, and evaluates user needs and the related systems. The role is responsible for assisting in the design of systems to parallel overall business strategies. He/she acts as an internal expert in terms of system capabilities, and is also responsible for knowing what changes have been made to the base system. Additional responsibilities may include assisting with: documenting functional and technical requirements, mapping process flows, documenting test plans, conducting system testing, documenting user manuals and administering training.
- An Associates Degree in Computer Technology or related field is required; Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration is preferred.
- 1-3 years of IT experience, with the majority of those years in applications development is required.
- 1+ years experience in software implementation is required.
- 1+years of project management experience is preferred.
- Must posses some understanding of appropriate back office workflows, commercially available technology, relational database concepts, and package system implementations.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience with Workday or Infor/Lawson Global HR v11 modules highly preferred.
- Configuring security and organization setup.
- Configuring and setup of Workday Talent & Performance modules.
- Configuring and setup of Absence Management modules.
- Experience with Workday or Infor/Lawson Global HR Compensation module & Merit planning
- Knowledge of compensation grade structure, eligibility rules, and job profiles required
- Experience with Taleo Business Edition v17 welcome
- Experience with Kronos v8 welcome
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness. CTCA Stakeholders form the team of experts who deliver evidence-based clinical therapies, supported by state-of-the art technology and whole person support, including nutrition, mind-body medicine and naturopathic medicine, among many others. We never stop fighting and we always care for each patient as a whole person.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. We are fighters at heart and we look for people who delight serving patients. The power, determination and beauty of the human spirit will enrich and energize you. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Job Reference #: 12654